Why do people volunteer?
There are many reasons why people choose to get involved. Here are just a few:
If you speak to people who already volunteer, they will probably tell you that they do it because they want to help other individuals and families in similar situations. So why not help other individuals, families, children and young people, and have some fun at the same time!
- To support the ED Society's work and cause.
- To become a penpal whatever your age.
- To join our family network to meet other families in your area
- To provide fundraising ideas even if you are unable to fundraise yourself.
- To write articles for our newsletter, such as sharing your experiences; bullying - how you coped as a teenager; how you got your child to wear dentures; how you cope with the heat, etc.
- To share your experience of being a Dad of an ED child or having ED yourself.
- To bring awareness of ED to the public and professionals.
If you want to know more about volunteering, contact us.